In 2017, Caroline Chisholm College will be continuing with a 1:1 BYOD program for students in Year 7. The aim of the program is to give your daughter the option to use a device she is comfortable with and use it as a tool to give her more ownership over her learning. It will equip her with the ability to produce quality learning tasks using creativity and imagination, in ways previously inconceivable.
Based on feedback from the 2016 BYOD program, the College is moving to a “Laptop First” policy supporting Apple Macbooks, Windows compatible laptops (including convertibles i.e. Surface Pro 3) and Chromebooks that meet the minimum specifications of the College.
Purchasing your device
- Your device choice meets the minimum specifications
- Check out the suggested devices page
- Download the device purchase checklist
Remember to consider protective casing, weight, durability, insurance and warranty.
Your daughter’s device will need to be connected to the College network. Families need to book a time to have their device connected.
Please note: Support sessions will be made available in term 4.
Sessions will be available for booking from term 4.
Please access the system as follows:
- Go to the following link: https://bookings.parentteacheronline.com.au/Logon2.aspx?school=798pg
- Click “Obtain PIN/Password” and enter your email address, this must be the same email address you provided the school. Your PIN will be emailed to you. The email you receive will include a link that can be clicked on to log straight into PTO, bypassing the login screen.
Full instructions are provided to you after log in. Please note the following points:
- When you log on, the system displays only your own child/children. Bookings are made for individual parents/guardians, not for couples. Couples can however log on to the system simultaneously to coordinate bookings. If two parents/guardians wish to attend a single interview time slot, one parent/guardian should make the booking then both can attend.
- You will only see time slots that are available at the time you are using the system. As time slots are booked for teachers, those time slots are no longer displayed as available. PTO prevents double-booking of teachers or parents/guardians.
- When you have made all the bookings you require, you can download or email a report of your bookings in time order for printing. You can log in and change bookings any time up to 8am on the day of sessions.
- Other parents may be making bookings at the same time that you are using the system. It is possible, though unlikely, that a time slot is displayed to you as available, but is then booked by another parent shortly afterwards. If you then attempt to book this time slot it will not be available and a message will be displayed to indicate this.
- If you encounter any problems using PTO please contact the school office on 47375500, or by email to email@example.com
Students will be taken through the process of how to access their e-textbooks for each of their subjects at the start of 2017. The fee for these resources will be included in the first set of school fees.
Office 365 Subscription
All students will have access to a Microsoft Office 365 Subscription. Please click here for more information.