Devices & Operating Systems
• Apple Laptop – OSX 10.12 or above
• Chromebooks – latest Chrome OS
• Windows Tablet/Hybrid – Windows Professional (7 or 10)
• Windows Laptop – Windows Professional (7 or 10)
• Devices must support: – dual band wireless frequencies (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz) – 802.11 “ac” and “n” wireless standards – WPA2 enterprise security
• Ensure the screen size is of a reasonable size not less than 11 inches and a resolution of 600 dpi to enable ease of use throughout the school day.
• A camera/video camera and microphone is necessary to ensure students can participate in 21st century learning activities • A stylus is optional though may be useful if purchasing a touch screen device.
• 6hrs minimum battery life. The device needs to last a full school day.
• To be able to store and process data effectively the device requires: –
Chromebooks – 16GB storage and 2GB RAM –
Laptops/Tablets – 256GB storage and 8GB RAM
• A tough, sturdy cover/case in the event the device is dropped • Light enough for your child to carry each day • Durability of the device • Insurance in the event the device is broken or lost • Extra warranty to reduce future possible repair costs